Since I talk about safety every month, I thought I would try to come up with some ideas for you to use yourselves to promote safety in your home, neighborhood, or community.
June is National Safety Month
- Put together or clean out your first aid kit. Things dry out and need to be replaced regularly.
- Clean out your medicine cabinet and gather expired medications. Properly discard them at your local sheriff department or your pharmacy can help.
- Check around your home for any needed repairs: lose or frayed wires, extension cord overuse, lose boards or gates, etc.
- Practice drills for different events: fire, medical emergency, tornado, etc.
In Your Neighborhood
- Teach someone to change a tire or check the oil level in their car.
- Help an elderly neighbor trim trees back from their house.
- Take a nighttime walk to see if all streetlights or path lights are working and report those that aren’t to the city or your HOA.
In Your Community
- Take a CPR class.
- Take a defensive driving course.
- Volunteer for an emergency preparedness event.
Of course, if you are in need of a CPR class or help in keeping your family safe, June would be the perfect time to contact Home Hazard Prevention! Have a safe and enjoyable month!
‘Safety Nick’, as he is affectionately known, is the owner and operator of Home Hazard Prevention, LLC (HHP). As a professional firefighter in the Valley since 2005 with an extensive background in responding to and preventing emergencies, Nick felt that it was time to help the citizens of Maricopa and Pinal Counties learn how to be safe and protect their loved ones in a proactive manner. In 2012, HHP was launched. With the support of his wonderful (and understanding!) wife and two beautiful children, Nick works tireless hours, not only to help save your family’s lives, as a firefighter and a community safety expert, but also to be able to spend quality time with his family. Nick moved to Arizona over 20 years ago and enjoys exploring our great state with his family.
Be sure to contact Home Hazard Prevention for any of your personal or family safety needs. From mobile CPR training to car seat education to infant safety (and much more!) HHP is here to help! Remember, a complete safety program does not have to be expensive or time-consuming. As a group of professional firefighters, there is no one more qualified than us to help keep your family safe! (480) 448-0266 or Nick@HomeHazardPrevention.com
© HHP, LLC 2012-2021