Numerous toxic chemicals in national brand home cleaning products are as damaging to lungs as smoking a pack of cigarettes a day for 20 years!!!
Home Cleaning Products And Your Lungs
A new, independent study based on 20 years of research and published in the American Thoracic Society’s American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine reveals a sobering fact: cleaning your home with national brand cleaners as little as once per week significantly and permanently damages lung tissue.
Almost all of the cleaning products you buy at the grocery store contain a number of harmful chemicals.
The study specifically named ammonia, chlorine bleach, and quaternary disinfectant compounds as some of the likely culprits. But there are also many other dangerous compounds that name brand cleaners commonly use.
The study also showed cleaning with products that contain dangerous chemicals as little as once per week was as damaging over time to respiratory health as smoking a pack of cigarettes a day for 20 years.
• 20-year longitudinal study
• Completely independent
• 6,235 male & female subjects
• Average age 34 at beginning of study; 54 at conclusion
• Use of spray and liquid home cleaning products monitored
• Lung capacity tested regularly
• Results compiled by 28 top researchers from 9 countries
• Peer reviewed and published in the American Thoracic Society’s American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine.
7 KEY FINDINGS FROM THE STUDY
1. Weekly use of national brand home cleaning products is as damaging to lung health as smoking 20 cigarettes per day.
2. Women are affected far more than men
3. Cleaning at home is just as harmful as being an occupational cleaner, if not more so.
4. Liquid cleaners are just as dangerous as sprays
5. Dangerous chemicals including ammonia, chlorine bleach, and quaternary disinfectant compounds appear to be primary culprits
6. Women who regularly use cleaning products have increased rates of asthma
7. Damage is cumulative over time
HOUSEHOLD CLEANERS ARE EVEN MORE DANGEROUS THAN ANYONE IMAGINED.
Most of the companies that manufacture the national cleaning brands knowingly choose to formulate with dangerous chemicals. Almost all cleaning products you’ll find in the grocery store contain numerous toxic ingredients, including, but not limited to:
• 2000 Flushes Toilet Bowl Cleaner
• Cascade Complete with Clorox
• Clorox Bathroom Cleaner with Bleach
• Clorox Bleach
• Clorox Clean-Up All Purpose Cleaner
• Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner
• Fantastic 5-in-1 All Purpose Cleaner
• Great Value All Purpose Cleaner with Bleach
• Kaboom Mold and Mildew Stain Remover
• Kaboom Shower, Tub & Tile Cleaner
• Lysol Mold & Mildew Bathroom Cleaner
• Redi Shine Bathroom Cleaner
• Scrubbing Bubbles Foaming Bleach Bathroom Cleaner
• Scrubbing Bubbles Multi Surface Bathroom Cleaner
• Soft Scrub with Bleach
• The Works Toilet Bowl Cleaner with Bleach
• Great Value Glass Cleaner
• Misty Glass & Mirror Cleaner
• Spartan Glass Cleaner
• Windex Original
QUATERNARY DISINFECTANT COMPOUNDS
• Clorox Bathroom Disinfecting Bleach-Free Cleaner
• Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
• Formula 409 Multi-Surface Cleaner
• Great Value Disinfectant Spray
• Lysol All-Purpose Cleaner
• Lysol Disinfectant Spray
• Lysol Disinfecting Wipes
• Spic and Span Everyday Antibacterial Cleaner
AND MANY MORE….
>>> If you haven’t done so already, now is the time to rid your home of the dangerous national cleaning products that contain so many harmful chemicals.
For more information and to learn how to rid your home of these dangerous products and replace them with a safer, better, all-natural line of products, please call Safety Nick. We know that these products help keep our family safe. They can help your family, too!
©HHP, LLC 2013-2018