Here are some of the Top Reasons that you should purchase an AED:
1. Cardiac arrest can happen to anyone, at any time, regardless of their age or fitness level.
2. Survival rates decrease by 10% per minute during a cardiac arrest incident.
3. Paramedics take time to arrive at your location, sometimes 10+ minutes.
4. AEDs can restore a normal heart beat.
5. Defibrillators are easy to use. Training is recommended, but not required.
6. You CANNOT accidentally shock someone. So you cannot hurt them accidentally.
7. Our population is aging and in need of rapid AED responses.
8. Everyone you meet is someone’s Mom or Dad or Daughter or Son. Wouldn’t you want someone to help your family in an emergency?
So You Purchased An AED. Now What?
AED use should be similar to the required placement, training and use of Fire Extinguishers in a business; you may never experience a fire for a long as you work there. Buy you’ll have the tools to extinguish or help slow the spread of a fire. Having an AED at work will mean that you are prepared to save a life should the worst happen.
You did the right thing, and purchased an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) from Home Hazard Prevention. It’s been delivered and installed. You’ve gotten training, and trained all your staff. Now what?
- Much like Fire Extinguishers, make sure your AED is in plain sight. Be sure to include their locations on your emergency evacuation plans.
- Make sure your Employees/Potential Rescuers receive annual training. AEDs are simple to use, but using them in conjunction with CPR is a frangible skill and can easily be forgotten without regular training.
- Is your AED in compliance? The State of Arizona requires all AEDs to be registered and have Physician oversight. These required steps help to absolve the end user of most potential liability-related concerns. There are several programs out there that can help with your compliance reminders and training. Many exist. Find one and use it. Your Human Resources Department, Insurance Company and Employees will thank you.
- Are your AEDs well maintained? They require very little maintenance, but hey must be professionally serviced, and all parts kept in their operational life-span, in order to be covered under their warranty. The State of Arizona also requires this same provision in order to help absolve any potential liability-related concerns.
Be sure to make 2019 the year that you purchase an AED from Home Hazard Prevention. Your employees, their family and friends, and your local Firefighters, Paramedics and ER Doctors will thank you. Emergency responders are physically capable of offering help under all conditions; but the all-too-often time-delays lead to decreased survival rates. And those calls are hard to deal with after a while. In fact, more EMS professionals now commit suicide than die in the line of duty annually. Many times due to the unspeakable things that we see. Learning CPR and how to use an AED can help save your loved ones, and help save our EMS community.
Be sure to contact Home Hazard Prevention for any of your personal or family safety needs. From mobile CPR training to car seat education to infant safety (and much more!) HHP is here to help! Remember, a complete safety program does not have to be expensive or time-consuming. As a group of professional firefighters, there is no one more qualified than us to help keep your family safe! (480) 448-0266 or Nick@HomeHazardPrevention.com
© HHP, LLC 2012-2020