Real Estate Safety Tips This Holiday Season
If you got saw blog two weeks in regards to Halloween safety, you learned a lot of tips for costume safety. But we do not want to forget safety tips for all of our friends in the Real Estate Profession. In case you missed our safety tips about Halloween last week, you can find the blog here.
Here are some safety tips that many of you are aware of, but may want a refresher on. Remember, not all of these tips work all of the time. The best thing to do is to maintain contact with your office, never travel alone, and never put yourself in a position to be hurt. Approach all situations with caution and try to anticipate that something may go wrong. That’ll help reduce any problems from even occurring!
Quick Tips For Realtor Safety
• Let at least one personal contact and your office know where you are at all times.
• Don’t agree to a private showing unless you’ve already met a client in your office.
• Have clients complete an information form (name, copy of driver’s license, vehicle information) during open houses and prior to scheduling private showings.
• Bring a co-worker along.
• Don’t leave a client in your blind spot. Let the client proceed in front of you during a private showing.
• Drive through the neighborhood prior to a private showing or open house. Be on the lookout for safety concerns.
• Identify each of a home’s exits prior to a showing or open house. Keep exit doors unlocked.
• Take a self-defense class.
• Don’t allow a client to ride in your car unless you know them well.
• Don’t wear expensive jewelry.
• Leave your purse in the trunk of your car.
• Dress professionally.
• Buy a personal security app for your cell phone, and always keep your cell phone in your hands.
• Be ready to defend yourself. Travel with pepper-spray.
• Trust your instincts. If something doesn’t feel right, remove yourself from the situation. Don’t worry about offending a client. Your safety is paramount.
© HHP, LLC 2012-2017